Saturday, June 4, 2011

Helping Joplin, Missouri

Two weeks ago on May 22nd, a massive tornado ripped through the town of Joplin, Missouri, killing 138 people.  Joplin is about 150 miles from my home.  Kelly, a fellow blogger in my area contacted me for help in sharing the word about her art auction that will benefit the people who are now trying to rebuild their lives.

Rocky Mountains

To learn more and to make a bid on this beautiful photograph (framed and ready to hang), please visit K Sime Photo today.

I have also decided to bring back my Love print and will be donating 100% of the money raised to United Way to help rebuild Joplin.  

To see just a small glimpse of what the people of Joplin have been through, watch this video that shows a group of people taking shelter in a dark gas station, then watch this video as they revisit that same gas station after the storm.  This video shows you an aerial view of the damage.  

To learn more visit Joplin, MO Tornado Recovery Facebook page, and to help out in other ways visit Rebuild Joplin.

Any amount you can give, big or small, will help.  
Thank you.

Your Personal Reflection:  What are you grateful for today?

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this, Shannon. My husband and I went to school in Missouri and have felt a need to help but not sure how. I will check out these resources and continue to talk to other I know. Your compassionate heart is a beautiful sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible, the devastation! This is a tremendously wonderful benefit. Bless you for your part in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lynnette and Bella. I appreciate you taking the time to share.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!