Monday, July 12, 2010

Becoming Aware

Since my Who Are They? post I've received many mindful comments from those of you who relate to this feeling of wanting to embrace an authentic life - no matter what.  I sense so much change going on - don't you?  (Enjoy this great read about the solar eclipse happening now.)  It's like we're done with consuming, buying, and hoarding.  We want to live more simply. We want to clear the clutter.  We want to breathe again.  We want space for what truly matters most.

With this past week of making bigger changes, I'm reminded that gaining new awareness isn't always an easy road.  You know, like when you find out what's really in your food (watch Food, Inc.), well, once you become aware, it takes more work to make changes in your diet, to read labels and to learn where your food comes from.  It's a lot easier to go on blindly eating whatever comes your way.  But easier isn't always better, right?  And eventually, your new found awareness becomes second nature, your new way of life, and it's easy once again.

So in celebration of choosing an authentic, abundant life, I'm posting this photo as a reminder of what matters most in my life.  Love, family, growth, celebration, inspiration, connection, nature, compassion, simplicity, the present moment, happiness and awareness...  

And I share this with you because I know you are feeling the itch in your belly to make bigger changes, too.  So go for it.  Choose authenticity.  Choose abundance.  Become aware of what matters most in your life.  And do it, one small step at a time, starting today.

Your Personal Reflection:  What kind of life are you choosing to live?

7 comments:

  1. You pose a great question that deserves many hours of thougt and meditation. I am looking through your archives and really connecting with what you have to say. It is like there is a major shift happening. Sometimes I would resist new awareness because I knew I would have to change in response to it, and like you said it's not so easy. But it's so worth it. Re: the eclipse, Katie over at Obaitori said that this is a wonderful time to mediatate and manifest since the eclipse is occuring during a new moon. It feels like it doesn't it!!
    Thank you for the inspiration. I am off to make my own list about what is most important to me. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am struck by how much your baby looks like his daddy at this age in this photo WOW! We're embarking on a less cluttered life today. The de-cluttering has begun with many surprises discovered along the way. Like hoards of art and craft supplies I thought I had used, lost or forgotten I bought now uncovered, un-boxed and ready to inspire me! What had been a dreaded job has now turned into a journey of re-discovery and is now fun to boot! Thanks for your inspiring words!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Shannon! I am choosing a life that feels right to me and following my heart!!
    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really feel this too. The amount of time I get cravings to return to simple living - or at least the idea of it in my mind - where I am not rushing to get to school on time, where I am not chasing my tail to earn enough money to pay my mortgage etc, where I have enough time to simply enjoy what life offers whilst I am here on this planet. I feel in me that I am working toward those changes and eventually one day I will be living in a crafting, home-made, small little building that leaves barely a dot on the planet . . . . . I don't know when and how because I am still caught up in the many things that define societal norms and it would take much 'living on the outside' to really, truly reject them all right out and at the same time.

    I think you're doing so well, abundance will follow you in all ways and your writings are really inspiring.

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautifully said Shannon, I love your words, I always do when I come to visit here. I am all for simplicity, less things, more love, more patience, more of allowing people, family members, friends, and 'strangers' the space to have their perceptions, and know what is mine. So hard some times..
    XOXOrly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am choosing I life that feels comfortable and that I will look upon on my deathbed and think "I have lived, loved, cried and laughed, life was good".
    Reading your posts with delight as always

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!