Friday, February 19, 2010

Wide Open Spaces for Our Dreams to Soar


Even the wildest dreams have to start somewhere.  Allow yourself the time and space to let your mind wander and your imagination fly. -Oprah Winfrey

My husband took this photo as we were traveling out west a few years ago, on our way to Moab, Utah.  This is the kind of mental, physical and spiritual space I need in my life.  I can look at this photo and imagine sipping in the fresh air, spinning around in circles with my arms reaching up to the clouds, as I feel the infinite possibilities of life around me.  I can hear The Dixie Chicks, Wide Open Spaces, playing in the distance. I know this kind of space lives within me as well.

And that's why I continue my quest to Reduce Clutter; Create Space for 2010.  There is a growing list of explorers who have joined me for this challenge, as we are dedicated to let go of the stuff that fills up our minds, our homes, our days and our lives, so that we can make the much needed space and time for what matters most.  Are you ready to join us?

I have created a new Reduce Clutter Forum, where we can all share, connect and grow together, because letting go of clutter is hard work!  It takes determination. It takes focus.  It takes emotional support!  So, as we continue to dedicate 2010 to be the year we create the life we love, let's get rid of the stuff that no longer serves a purpose in our lives.  Let's make more s p a c e for our wildest dreams and let's not do it alone.


Your Personal Reflection:  Do you have time and space in your life for all the things that bring you joy and happiness?  What are you ready to let go that no longer serves a purpose at this time?  What are your wildest dreams and how can you let them soar?

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! I am in - I'll be back later to make it official.

    Just love it.
    Nicole

    http://redbeetmama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just might be my favorite Dixie Chicks song! I've always been drawn to the wide open spaces too! Just today my Hubby and I went driving just north of Lawrence in the wide open spaces and talking about what it will be like when we finally move out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always do my best to reserve me some time every day or every week to breath in a creative way. By sewing, writing, drawing, reading or taking an inspiring e-course like yours! It gives me the will and power to be a creative mom, to enjoy my journey and to create the life I want... But I know that I have to put some efforts to make more space to achieve my wildest dreams. Not an easy task but so much fun when I surrender to my inner voice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely image, it makes me crave to be in a wide open space. I will go over to the forum.
    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful image...love your writings.....I do crave for these wide open spaces but crave more for small mysterious wet and green spaces...They are goood for my sprit...(: it's a personal thing!
    XOXOry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all of your wonderful thoughts and comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!