Thursday, August 27, 2009

Feeling Vulnerable

I made this collage this past January. I found the quote from a Yoga Journal magazine. It reads, "Through our willingness to experience and share our vulnerability, we discover a shared and compassionate awareness that is spacious enough to hold the imperfections of all humans."

There is a lot of transition going on in my life, and much of what is reflected in this collage is starting to manifest in so many ways for me. I'm leaving a job I've held on to for over 8 years to spend more time with my sweet little boy, and to focus and pursue my art and life coaching in a more bolder, fuller way. Well, that's what I tell myself, anyway. It's mostly true. The other truth though, is that I'm wanting to touch my vulnerability in a deeper way. I want to let go of descriptions and the identity we use to "define" ourselves because it's scary. I need to do things that scare me. I'm seeing that the more I face my fears, the more free I feel. And that's where I find myself today.

So here I am, reflecting on this new inner joy I am discovering daily, and feeling really good about being vulnerable.

Your Personal Reflection: What makes you feel vulnerable?

3 comments:

  1. This is great news... I am so excited for you!

    Hmmmm... shall I post what makes me feel vulnerable? Heck, why not... probably what makes me feel most vulnerable is being a mom of many and realizing they are growing up... really really fast... and holding the belief that everything is going to be fine. It's a little like crossing a stream on slippery stones. So I gotta be ready to fall in the water... and maybe I'll find it ain't as bad as I thought it was gonna be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice. so proud of you sistah. i am learning to be more aware of my feelings and listening to my true voice. it is kind of scarey becoming more authentic but completely worth the never ending journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!