Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day #20: Baba!

dad

This is my dad, known to my kids as "baba."  When Kestan first started talking he had a hard time saying "grandpa" so he said "baba" instead, and well it just sounded so darn cute that the name stuck.  And now Ashton is starting to say it, too.  

They sure do love their baba.  In fact, at dinner tonight the two of them were yelling his name as loud as can be, "baba baba baba baba baba!"  

Thank you dad, for never hesitating to get on the floor and play with the boys for hours and hours.  You are the best "baba" (and dad) ever.

Your Personal Reflection:  The relationship between grandparents and grandchildren is so very special.  Thank a grandma, grandpa, grammy, papa, nana, or baba in your life this week.

3 comments:

  1. My grandfather is 93 years old; his body is about worn out, but his mind is still sharp! I am very thankful to still have him in my life and I tell him often!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call my step-mom "Mama`" from my high school days in spanish. So we naturally started calling her abuela for the kids but Elias couldn't say it so it turned into "Bila". So fun how names come about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this: "Thank you dad, for never hesitating to get on the floor and play" - so much, it actually brought tears to my eyes! What a beautiful thing to say! I know that might sound a little over the top, but I watch this in my own dad and my son, and it's amazing! It brings back memories of happy childhood moments for me with my dad and all... I need to cherish this so much more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!