Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My First IPhone Blog Post


I recently purchased my first IPhone and I have to admit I am completely smitten. One thing I know for sure about myself is that I'll never be a nine-to-five kind of girl. I have always wanted to be able to work from anywhere, at anytime, and with my new phone I am now more mobile than ever!

Just last week I ended a part-time job I've had for over 8 years and one of the reasons I left was because working from home was not an option they were willing to give me. Getting my babe out of daycare and being able to work around his schedule has been a priority for me. It seems that when I continue to stay focused and be clear about what I need, the tools, resources, inspiration and support seem to present themselves. Welcome, IPhone.

Now I can tweet, check Facebook, post on You Tube, and even blog all while I'm pushing a swing. Well, in theory that's what I COULD do, but since I'm practicing being more PRESENT and I heard Kestan say today, "no phone mommy", I know that being more mobile should not interfere with the precious time I get to experience with my child. My intention is to use my phone wisely, as a tool to help me be more efficient with my time and enhance the way I create, teach and connect.

So I did honor Kestan's request and put the phone down. But a few minutes into our tickle session I couldn't resist picking it back up to record his sweet laughter. Hmm, I guess my next lesson will be to learn how to insert audio recordings into a blog post. Or maybe I'll pick my favorite recipes out from my Whole Foods app. Playing pac man sounds fun. Hey, I can check the weather. And did you know you can balance your budget, edit videos, and even practice yoga all on these phones. Man, being mobile is exhausting! Thank god it's nap time.

Your Personal Reflection: What tools might help you be more efficient with your time? Do you think technology, and your use of it, makes it easier, or harder, to live in the present moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!